- 8 - 10 large tomatillos, husks removed & rinsed
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 medium fresh jalapenos
- handful fresh cilantro
- sea salt, to taste
1. Roast the tomatillos, onion, garlic, and jalapenos on a comal or cast-iron skillet, over medium-high heat, turning to make sure all sides are browned. This'll take 15-20 minutes.
2. Peel the garlic: put everything but jalapenos in a medium bowl.
3. Slice jalapenos open and discard seeds & membranes. Add to the bowl.
4. Add cilantro to the bowl. With a hand blender, mix everything - but not too much. You'll wan this to be chunky.
Enjoy with Chicken Tortilla Casserole (Recipe coming soon, so check back) or with Chips!